I was recently asked by a friend. “What makes your Shaklee vitamins so much better than my multi-vitamin/mineral tablet?” It is a fair question. Most people don’t understand the difference between natural and artificial vitamins. Even the supplements from the “Health Food” stores are often not as wholesome as one would think.
My friend has been taking the regular multi-vitamin/mineral tablets that you get in those huge bottles at the wholesale clubs and discount stores. The ones with the important sounding words on the bottles, filled with artificial colors. Another friend is looking at some multi-vitamins from a Health Food store and was chiming in on the same conversation. Just how is Shaklee different?
After talking about the quality of the Shaklee products, the safety built in to each of the Shaklee products, the published peer-reviewed research backing Shaklee products, I gave the ladies a few questions to ask their supplement company so they would then have more information.
1. How long has your supplement company been in the nutritional supplement business? What is your track record with recalled products?
2. Are your supplements made by your company under the guidance of your staff or are they made by a third party with your label added to the bottle?
3. Are the ingredients in your supplements naturally and organically sourced or do you use synthetic substitutes for naturally available ingredients?
5. How about testing on ingredients and final products? Do you test the ingredients all along the process, at the end or rely on vendors for testing? Is the final product in the bottle what is listed on the bottle?
6. Does your company offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee, even on open bottles or used product? Do you have a free Product Hotline for customer information?
I am certain that once you start asking these questions, you will find more to ask. Being informed is your responsibility. It is your right to know about the products you ingest. Don’t take anything that is not up to the highest standards available. You deserve the best!