So how are you doing with your 2012 Resolutions? Had any results yet? Started yet? I know. It is hard to get started on some of these crazy diets that float around this time of year! Changing habits is hard. We all like doing the same things since that gives us a sense of security and continuity in our lives. Control too if we will admit it.
However, if your goal is to loose some of those unwanted pounds, there are some things you can do to make the new habits easier. First of all, weight and measure yourself so you have a base measurement for future comparison. Take a photo of yourself in comfortable clothing, like a T-shirt and gym pants. Between the measurements and the photo, you will have a good baseline.
Now, habits take a while to change. So make only a few changes in your diet and exercise at first. Making only a few changes will help you achieve results quicker. Focusing on only a few changes is easier and you don’t feel out of control. Make a short list, create a chart of those few changes and note your progress each day.
Easy Changes that Work:
1. Add Filtered Water each day. I have talked so much about how our bodies need quantities of filtered water so check out some of my previous posts. I drink about 10 to 12 cups of water each day. My skin is healthy, my body feels good and I get rid of toxins.
2. Add Exercise each day. Park further from the door of work or at the grocery store. Take the stairs up a few flights instead of the elevator. Walk the dog or the neighbor’s dog each day. A brisk walk around your neighborhood, just move. On really hot or really cold days, I walk in my house, listening to a learning CD, but moving for at least 45 minutes.
3. Add Protein while cutting Carbohydrates. I use Shaklee’s Cinch Snack bars which give me a low glycemic option each day. They are crunchy, filling because of the fiber and have the right balance of protein to carbohydrates. You need carbs to burn fat! So don’t completely cut out the carbs. But having too many carbs is bad. So watch the balance. Add the good Shaklee Cinch protein, clinically proven to work.
4. Add Fiber to your diet in the form of fresh fruits and fresh vegetables. Avoid grapes and tomatoes as they have high sugar and low fiber. Crunchy goodness like apples give you fiber, good carbs and vitamins.
5. Take your Measurements and weigh once a week. If you are loosing fat and not muscle mass, the inches will drop more than the pounds at first. Muscle mass weighs more than fat! And building up muscle mass is important to maintaining a healthy weight.
Make slow changes, be consistent and watch that extra weight gently fall off and stay off. Stopping the YoYo diet cycle is crucial to keeping the weight off. Cinch was created to stop the YoYo diet cycle. For more information on Cinch, look at this site. Stay well and healthy in the new year!