Part II Toxic Soap Opera Continued:
Household Cleaning Products have chemicals that may clean your kitchen and bathroom, but they also damage your health. Did you know that according to a 15-year study presented at the Toronto Indoor Air Conference, women who work at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than those who work away from home? 54% Higher! Yuck. The study concluded that this was a direct result of the increased exposure to toxic chemicals, many of which are found in common household products. This is Part II of the list of chemicals we need to remove from our homes and the effects on human exposure. Source: The EPA.
* Lye(potassium hydrochloride) Extremely corrosive to body tissues and especially damaging to eyes.
* Hydrochloric Acid Corrosive to eyes, skin, and mucous membranes. Short term Inhalation may cause eye, nose and respiratory tract irritation and inflammation and pulmonary edemas in humans.
* Sulfuric Acid A strong acid , corrosive to eyes, skin and respiratory tract in humans.
* Petroleum Distillates Aspiration of small amounts into the lungs can cause chemical pneumonia, pulmonary damage and death.
* Benzene Short term exposure can cause Nervous System disorders, immune system depression, and anemia in humans.
Death! Did you see that? Death! They want me to clean my home with something that can cause death if I should happen to aspirate some into my lungs! No thanks. I choose green, safe human friendly products that really work from Shaklee!