Babies are the most precious gifts in the world and it’s up to us to keep them safe and healthy. There are a lot of things to worry about when it comes to our little ones—what we put on their skin shouldn’t be one of them. Chemicals such as phthalates, parabens, and sodium lauryl sulfate—ingredients that can be skin irritants or endocrine disruptors—have turned up in shampoos, lotions, and baby washes. These products also may contain harmful chemical by-products such as formaldehyde, which the EPA classifies as probable carcinogens.
Remember, baby’s skin is five times thinner than yours, making it easier for chemicals to be absorbed. And, because babies have a greater ratio of skin surface to body weight, they have a harder time flushing chemicals out of their systems.
Did You Know? Keep Your Baby Healthy
• In a recent study involving 163 infants and toddlers, 81% had signs of phthalates in their wet diapers after having had some type of personal care product applied on their skin. Some experts suggest that phthalates, which also are used as softeners in plastic toys and have recently been banned from children’s toys and child care articles by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, can potentially have negative impacts on the respiratory system, liver, and kidneys.
• Babies have a greater ratio of skin surface to body weight, meaning they absorb and lose water quickly, which can result in dry skin.
• Most diaper rashes last about 24 hours and are caused by wet diapers. Some creams contain boric acid and camphor, chemicals that can further irritate the skin.
• Studies have found that massaging your baby can improve their digestion, circulation, and sleep patterns. And it’s a great way to bond with your little one!
Wow, who knew that so many of the "national" brands that we all grew-up with are really not good for us or our babies!?! I am so proud to tell you about Shaklee's alternative to chemicals and probable carcinogens.
Welcome to Peace of Mind! Shakleebaby™ Personal Care
Always safe. Always gentle. Always healthy.
There is a difference between Shakleebaby products and the other ones on the market. When you purchase these product for your baby, this is the difference:
The Shaklee Difference
• 99% natural • No synthetic fragrances
• 76%–99% organic ingredients • No artificial colors
• Pediatrician tested • No formaldehyde
• Clinically tested • No sodium lauryl sulfate
• Hypoallergenic • No bisphenol-A
• pH balanced • No phthalates
• No parabens
100% Shaklee Guarantee We stand behind each and every one of our products. The Ingredients, Purity, Safety, and Performance of all our Nutrition, Healthy Home, and Personal Care products are 100% guaranteed.